Sideboom Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is seeking a Sideboom Operator with industrial construction experience who will operate in accordance with quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
- Applicants must have a valid CSO or BSO certificate
- Possess prior experience operating sidebooms in a pipeline or industrial environment (an asset)
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and report any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Effectively and safely operate hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine-specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks
- Operate 572, 583, and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and tailing pond operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety
- Work effectively and safely in tandem with other sidebooms to transport spools
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size, and load limits
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clear 3-year driver’s abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- 14 days on/7 days off rotational shift, 10-hour workdays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work at heights, be agile, and able to go on/off equipment
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Camp-based accommodations with private washrooms are provided
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.