Smelter Diagnostic Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Smelter Diagnostic Mechanic (Oxygen Plant)|
|Location||Claypool, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is searching for a Smelter Diagnostic Mechanic who will safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment and related process systems in a Smelter.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist, or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required mechanical aptitude.
- May be required to proficiently perform welding tasks.
- May operate equipment such as forklifts, cranes, boom trucks, loaders, and small mobile equipment
- Perform as a Fill-in Supervisor as required.
- Perform diagnostic, replacement, and repairs to include but are not limited to the following systems: Anode plant, mold plant, converter, acid plant, hydraulic, and conveyor systems.
- Perform component diagnostic, replacement, and repairs to include but not limited to plant equipment, Gearboxes, pumps, fans, conveyor belts, bearings, pulleys, gas lines, piping waterlines, (conveyor) conveyor tables, trough finders, return idlers, shovels, and cables.
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance.
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed.
- Train and mentor other employees.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures in English
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- FPM Diagnostic Mechanic I: The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and technical skills while achieving a 35% score on a written assessment where required. This exam is based on technical skills/abilities or academic knowledge; as well as safety. Must be able to demonstrate proficient basic welding skills.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company scholarships
- Education and adoption assistance
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.