Website John Deere
Software Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Moline, IL, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is looking for a Software Engineer who will trailblaze cutting-edge manufacturing software and pass it along to other groups of SWE’s for mass implementation.
Applicants will also be responsible for enabling disruptive technologies aimed to improve Deere’s manufacturing facilities and give our factories a competitive edge.
Note: Visa sponsorship is available for this role.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering from a college/university or equivalent experience
- An advanced degree (program) is preferred.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Collaborate with other software engineers to facilitate integrations
- Develop and pilot new technologies that give our factories a competitive edge (5G, Data Analytics, IoT, AR/VR/XR)
- Developing and supporting high-quality software solutions in big data processing pipelines to drive analytics and automation to autonomy
- Manage and run Proof of Concepts (POC) to validate technologies
- Experience with infrastructure management, Hybrid Cloud environments, and Agile Development practices
- Networking skills (Wired, Wi-Fi, Cellular) and Edge device management
- Understanding of Industry 4.0 capabilities and technologies
- Manufacturing Experience (working understanding of typical factory processes – Assembly, Weld, Material Handling, Robotics, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity/Security by design principles
- Previous IT/OT convergence experience
- CI/CD pipelines
- 1+ years of experience in cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Ability to process large volumes of data
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deere.com.