Special Machine Shop Machinist Job Highlights
|Special Machine Shop Machinist
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Davenport, IA, United States
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is looking for a Special Machine Shop Machinist who will manufacture cryogenic cooler parts and assemblies.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution (required)
- 5 years of machining and fabrication experience
- Assemble parts as required
- Interface and communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Manufacture parts, sub-assemblies, and units to exact specifications according to manufacturing information from prints, analysis sheets, engineering drawings, oral instructions, etc.
- Operate and set up misc. manual equipment (lathes, mills, drill press), TIG welder, gas welder; sandblasting and other finishing equipment
- Operate, set up, and program CNC equipment
- Use hand tools as required
- Work with limited supervision
- Inspect work to specifications using air gages, plug gages, and other equipment needed to complete jobs as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to manufacture parts to exact specifications using Geometric Tolerancing techniques and work to extremely close tolerances (<.0001”) and precise dimensions.
- Must be able to read and interpret a wide variety of written instructions, prints, and sketches; and detect and correct errors in the same.
- Must be proficient in operating, setting up, and programming both manual and CNC equipment used for manufacturing and inspection responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of skill and craftsmanship when performing job duties.
- Must demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of shop math and geometric tolerancing as they relate to specific job duties.
- Must demonstrate good independent judgment, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of materials that are used, including metals (both ferrous and non-ferrous), plastics, etc.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 70 miles of Davenport, IA to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Donation Matching
- Flexible Work Options
- Healthcare/Retirement Savings Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Programs and Resources
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all applicants regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit eaton.eightfold.ai.