Website Lockheed Martin
Special Process Test Engineer (Level 3) Job Highlights
|Title||Special Process Test Engineer – Level 3|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX, United States|
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.
The company (Aeronautics Company, business unit of Lockheed Martin) is looking for a Special Process Test Engineer who will report to the Special Process Validation and Control Team within the Supplier Quality Management organization.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree or above in Technical discipline (Engineering, Math, or Science) from a college/university or equivalent
- The candidates for a Level 3 employee typically should have 5 to 10 years of professional experience.
- Current qualification as an Auditor at the corporate level.
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, FAI, PPAP, PFMEA, Red X, process auditing or validation, root cause analysis, and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- Experience in Nondestructive Test Inspection.
- Previous experience in special processes and/or corporate audits.
- Perform technical coordination and liaison between processors, suppliers, Integrated Product Teams (IPT), and Subcontract Management personnel.
- Responsible for supporting quality system audits and process surveillance and audits in the areas of heat treatment, NDI, chemical processing, and welding within the Lockheed Martin supply chain.
- Will investigate, coordinate, monitor, and follow up on supplier-related engineering, manufacturing, and quality issues.
- Will lead validation and process control actions with Special Processors to ensure they are in full compliance with LM Aero process specifications and industry-standard specifications to fulfill program requirements.
- ASQ Certification
- Assesses compliance to technical specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
- Green Belt or Black Belt, CQE, or CMQOE certification.
- Has a background and knowledge in quality management and prevailing quality management systems.
- Has completed LMC testing and surveyor training.
- Has held a Level II or Level III NDT Inspection certification.
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
- Intimately familiar with Special Process (e.g. Heat Treat, Aluminum Aging, Shot Peen, Anodizer/Alodine, Prime/Paint, Clean Methods, etc.) application/conformance/compliance.
- Must have a demonstrable understanding of special process applications for Aerospace manufacture.
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Paid time off
- Rewards and recognition
- Work/life balance
- Must be a US Citizen. This position supports a facility that requires special access.
- The candidate selected for this requisition must be located near an international airport.
- The job requires about 80% travel throughout the United States and internationally.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.lockheedmartinjobs.com.