Website Stanley Black & Decker
Spot Welder (Mac Cab) Job Highlights
|Title||Spot Welder-Mac Cab|
|Location||Allentown, PA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is looking for a Spot Welder to join its team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Abide by all Safety regulations and policies
- Assemble and spot weld various components such as drawers, panels, brackets, tops, bases, etc. which meet appropriate quality and production standards
- Check and inspect all parts
- Check spot welds for strength
- Meet all production standards and efficiencies focusing on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost based on current routings/times
- Must be willing to work outside of your current Job Classification and Department as qualified and needed
- Must complete First Piece Inspection protocol and related paperwork
- Must wear all required PPE for any task/job currently being performed
- Operate and troubleshoot all necessary equipment to assemble and spot-weld components
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks. Help maintain 5S standards in your work location and a whole department
- Perform preventative maintenance including changing tips and floats
- Use measuring tools to ensure adherence to part/product specifications
- Uses fixtures when required
- Work with other employees to complete assemblies on multiple-person operations
- Move finished assemblies to the appropriate area
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Basic mathematical abilities (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Basic mechanical abilities
- Desire to learn new skills and improve knowledge
- Organizational and communication skills
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures, including those related to Safety
- Strong orientation toward-
Safety, quality, and continuous improvement demonstrated by a work history of safe performance
Accuracy and attention to detail in the work performed
Constructive problem-solving and suggestions for improvement
Ability to effectively implement or respond to change
Punctuality and consistent work attendance
- Able to lift, push, or pull up to 33 lbs. individually and up to 66 lbs. as a team
- Able to safety maneuver large cabinets frequently to complete fabrication
- Able to stand continuously for 8 to 10 hours daily
- Able to twist, bend, reach, and grasp frequently
- Must be able and willing to work daily and weekly overtime as required
- Will be working in a manufacturing plant with varying climate
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.