Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – Welding|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It designs, assembles, and markets motorcycles and motorcycle accessories and parts. The company also offers motorcycle-related general merchandise on a wholesale basis; provides wholesale and retail financing, and insurance programs to its dealers and customers.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility in York has its final assembly plant. It performs a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing, painting, and producing a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models.
The company is looking for a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer who will fabricate and help to develop and implement new manufacturing processes and products.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Weld Engineering or related technical degree from a university or college with a preference for advanced welding or automation training
The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience demonstrating the following-
- Ability to lead change, influence others, foster key stakeholder relationships, identify and plan for technical process improvements, non-confrontational, and flexible under pressure.
- Experience in metal fabrication with a strong emphasis on welding processes, preferably with AWS CWI certification along with shop floor and hands-on experience with welding and robotic programming
- Successfully managed projects from concept development to capital funding planning through to successful implementation.
- Supporting complex manufacturing problems using advanced problem-solving tools.
- Experience with modeling software and design of component parts
- Experience with off-line robotic simulation software
- Experience with shop floor quality systems (SPC, Defect tracking, etc.)
- Exposure and experience with APQP/PPAP processes
- Exposure/experience in draw forming, forging, bending, etc.
- Working in a Union environment
- Create manufacturing innovation and standardization, requirements planning, risk assessment/mitigation, and process design.
- Lead equipment selection through implementation, transitioning the process to Operations, completing an after-action analysis, and driving Continuous Improvement.
- Oversee quality, cost, and timing targets and deliverables on assigned projects.
- Play a vital role in process simulation for welding and automation influencing product design, process development, and integration between Engineering and Manufacturing (within Harley-Davidson and Supply Base).
- Support plant operations by providing advanced problem solving on fabricated frames and tanks
You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do-
- Be accountable
- Encourage Creativity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Ability to Travel 25-50% of the time with periods of intense travel
- The company offers an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Harley-Davidson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.harley-davidson.com.