Website Hubbell Incorporated
Sr. Automation Engineer (Robotic Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Automation Engineer (Robotic Welding)|
|Location||Centralia, MO, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is searching for an Automation Engineer who will lead capital projects as the main point of contact for multiple functional areas and processes.
The position will be responsible for machine selection, cell layout, financial justification, working with quality and product engineering to build and update control plans and engineering requirements, overall timeline management, installation of equipment, and production startup.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college or university or equivalent technical experience
- The candidates must have 3 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Experience leading multi-functional teams and running multiple projects to completion simultaneously
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through Continuous Improvement (kaizen) events
- Build and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones using Lean Engineering Tools
- Compile project update reports and present to upper management concerning project timeline, budget, and estimated completion dates of projects
- Develop robotic programs for welding, grinding, fabrication, and integration with CNCs
- Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior level engineers
- Support a variety of automated pieces of equipment/processes throughout the facility with programming, troubleshooting, and driving Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Support maintenance activities with Electrical and PLC troubleshooting
- Demonstrated success in justification of capital projects in excess of $1M
- Knowledge of best in class assembly practices
- Knowledge of fabrication processes
- Knowledge of quality tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting knowledge with ladder logic troubleshooting and programming.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.