Sr. Laser Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Laser Welding Engineer, Cell Engineering (Assembly)|
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Sr. Engineer to develop, engineer, and innovate new processes and high-volume automation equipment with the Laser Weld manufacturing team.
Other responsibilities would include supporting the development and production ramp of highly automated manufacturing systems to laser weld components into completed assemblies.
The Sr. Engineer works closely with Tesla’s internal Product Design, Operations, Facilities, Production, and Quality Engineering teams and coordinates cross-functional design activities with equipment suppliers to develop scalable innovations in laser weld processes, tools, and defect-free quality.
This individual will also assume ownership of the design and technical transfer of the laser welding tools to Tesla Operations, qualifying them for use with the highest standards of safety, quality, and output.
- The applicants should have B.S./M.S./Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering from a college, school, or tech center.
- The candidates should have 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software
- Experience working with different laser welding tools, materials, and vision systems
- Collaborate with Production Engineering, EH&S, Quality, Operations, and Design for maximum yield, quality, machine availability, and output
- Develop laser weld processes and qualify them using statistically valid data sets and workflow
- Generate machine specifications, documentation, and manufacturing instructions
- Manage installation, qualification, and ramp-up of manufacturing equipment including but not limited to laser welding systems.
- Optimize product flow and line efficiency while reducing Capex and lead-time
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Proven track record of data-driven workflow to solve complex problems
- Strong hands-on experience with high-volume and pilot manufacturing
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.