Website Hubbell Incorporated
Sr. Mechanical Automation Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Mechanical Automation Engineer|
|Location||Belmont, NH, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
The company is looking for a Mechanical Automation Engineer who will be responsible for designing and building entire automation solutions from concept to completion.
The Automation Solutions team is responsible for creating cutting-edge, custom automation equipment for deployment in Group factories to increase throughput and decrease manufacturing costs.
The position is primarily responsible for engineering and designing the mechanical aspects of assigned custom automation equipment.
Other responsibilities include project management, team collaboration, organization, supporting automation in service, overseeing the building process, troubleshooting, debugging, re-designing as needed, and other related tasks.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Technical Degree from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Design and detail the drawings for the engineered solutions.
- Engineer custom automation equipment from whiteboard concept ideas using SolidWorks.
- In collaboration with other senior Engineers. These concepts should ideally be feasible, functional, simple, inexpensive, robust, safe, easy to operate, and easy to maintain.
- Organize project files and documents.
- Project manage sub-components of the design, build, debug, burn-in, install, and training.
- Research and select vendor-purchased components for projects.
- Other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting/tolerancing practices
- Experience with machining, welding, and sheet metal fabricating.
- Familiar with automation components; motors, servos, PLCs, HMIs, sensors, cams, hydraulics, pneumatics, and other devices.
- Proficient with SolidWorks
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.