Sr. Specialist (3D Concept Development) Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Specialist 3D Concept Development|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Wauwatosa, WI, United States|
|Company||Harley-Davidson Motor Company|
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It designs, assembles, and markets motorcycles and motorcycle accessories and parts. The company also offers motorcycle-related general merchandise on a wholesale basis; provides wholesale and retail financing, and insurance programs to its dealers and customers.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) is located in Wauwatosa.
The company is searching for a Senior Specialist – 3D Concept Development who will be responsible for supporting the Design Department prototype motorcycle builds.
This position will demonstrate a strong overall understanding of specific components and vehicle system-level interactions that contribute to a complete motorcycle build.
The ability to plan and execute the plan, along with being a creative problem solver is a must.
- The prospective applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) from a university or college.
- The candidates typically require a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Harley-Davidson motorcycle mechanic experience/certification (preferred)
- Acts as a build expert resource for the Industrial Designers, Digital Sculptors, and others involved in assigned motorcycle builds.
- Deliver optimal build quality while adhering to project targets, performance objectives, high quality, and cost minimization. Part of the build planning process. Anticipate problems or pinch points and proactively mitigate risks before they become issues.
- Demonstrates a high level of skill in prototype work such as fabrication, welding, bodywork, producing quality paint, and polished/textured finished surfaces representative of final part quality on both A and B surfaces. The job consists of a high degree of turning SLS parts into painted/finished motorcycle components and assembly.
- Partners with build team to create structural, one-of-a-kind 3D concept vehicles.
- Possess an understanding of engineering tools such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models and drawings, as well as predictive analysis and conventional engineering calculations to demonstrate and communicate robustness of designs.
- Shared responsibility for shop maintenance, cleanliness, and continuous improvement activities. Must be able to work in a shop with multiple other model makers.
- Works independently at times, requiring guidance on only the most complex situations. At other times works with other shop personnel to complete assigned builds. Must be able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and confidently within or lead/influence a group or team providing guidance in a multi-disciplined environment to the end of gaining high agreement.
- The company offers an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Harley-Davidson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.harley-davidson.com.