Website Form Energy
Staff Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) Job Highlights
|Staff Manufacturing Engineer-Assembly
|Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Form Energy is a technology and manufacturing company that develops and commercializes pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy.
The company is searching for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) who will assist in building a new manufacturing organization.
Be responsible for engineering all functional aspects of our assembly manufacturing ecosystem from floor to ceiling.
Partner with our design engineers to both inform their designs through DFM and get a jump start on developing the equipment and processes.
Work will range from participating in hands-on trial builds at a prototype level up to delivering outsourced, high-volume solutions at new production facilities.
Collaborate with design engineers, supply chain, operations, safety, facilities, assemblers, a host of other teams, vendors, and consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (College/University)
- More Advanced Degrees (a plus but not required)
- 6+ years of equipment or manufacturing engineering experience, ideally in an electro-mechanical assembly environment
- Experience purchasing and setting up automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience with plastic and metal welding, automated assembly, inspection, and test, human-assist automation for assembly and test, programming automation equipment, or MES systems (a plus but not required)
- Experience working with design engineers and providing DFM feedback
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures and other manufacturing documentation
- Assist in the debugging and resolution of time-sensitive issues with manufacturing equipment and processes as they arise
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
- Own the development, build or purchase, and deployment of manufacturing workstations and equipment ranging from initial manual benchtop stations to fully automated and integrated systems
- Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to the engineering team, working closely with them throughout the development process
- Train technicians, process engineers, and scientists on new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Work with a diversity of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and readiness to interact with a wide range of other professionals and suppliers
- Readiness to perform hands-on build and test of workstations and equipment
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options granted to all employees
- Company sponsored 401k
- Access to an annual budget for professional development
- Employee Resource Program
- 100% employer-sponsored coverage life insurance, short and long-term disability policies
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for employees
- Health insurance coverage begins first day of employment
- Generous vacation policies
- Access to a Health Savings Account
- Access to mental health counseling services
- 80% of the total medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for dependents
- At least 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and up to 20 weeks for birthing parents
- Access to a Health Flexible Spending Account
- Access to a Dependent Care Account
- Access to a Commuter Benefits Account
- Access to an Adoption Assistance Flexible Spending Account
Form Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.