Website Ford Motor Company
Stamping Engineer – Die Materials and Coatings Job Highlights
|Title||Stamping Engineer – Die Materials/Coatings|
|Location||Dearborn, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is looking for a Stamping Engineer who will help build world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of experience in Die materials and coatings.
- Able to travel up to 10% within a 400 radius of southeastern MI
- Act as stamping engineering lead on USCAR projects for all projects related to tool steel, casting materials, and coatings
- Champion/develop/serve as the “Go-To Person” for all die materials, tool steel, heat treatment, surface treatment, and coating strategies
- Develop Aluminum Die Pressure Castings tool steels in alignment with new Ford manufacturing process
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with new and existing tooling vendors, casting foundries, welding suppliers, coating suppliers to develop new processes/equipment and continuously improve the equipment/processes already deployed
- Develop and maintain a die materials library for tool steels and castings for use in CAE structure analysis
- Develop and maintain Ford Global material die standards for all regions based on availability and approve alternate material choices as they arise
- Develop die castings, tool steels, tool and die welding, heat treatment, and surface treatment standards for stamping tools
- Examine and develop standards for potential future work regarding additive manufacturing of castings and tools steels/inserts
- Further, develop hot stamping standards and spare requirements based on production tools/process
- Investigate and resolve die casting issues in foundry or casting failures in production and work with foundries to drive the best process and practices
- Lead benchmarking of best practices and processes (internal and external)
- Lead development of materials (castings and tool steels), tool and die welding, heat and surface treatment, coatings technologies
- Provide expertise in tooling design and component manufacturing using die casting and tool steel materials
- Respond to stamping plant team requests for consultation around methods to improve their processes and to assure a high level of process capability
- Support GME on die surface treatment projects/programs and clarify die standards and die design material related questions
- Work with cross-functional teams and RIC to determine which materials need to be developed for future architectures
- Advanced experience with Die Material and coatings
- Demonstrated leader with the technical expertise necessary to coach teams
- Extensive knowledge of die-casting alloys and tool steels, heat treatments, surface treatments, coatings, and tool wear. Extensive knowledge of advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of different coatings, coating deposition methods as well as required substrate preparation
- Extensive knowledge of efficient tool material, heat/surface treatment, and coating combinations for different combinations of blank material and lube
- Familiarity with additional die design and process requirements and considerations when working with wax-based lubricants such as DC2-90
- Knowledge of basic statistic and data analysis tools
- Master’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong presentation, writing skills, ability to work in a team environment, demonstrated ability to serve as a mentor, and a willingness to assume a leadership position in the organization
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.