Stamping Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Napoleon, OH, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Stamping Engineer who will have a key leadership role within the facility and is responsible for developing, troubleshooting, and improving progressive stamping dies.
- The applicants should have a Technical Degree or relevant skilled Trades Certification (preferred)
- The candidates should have 10 years of experience or a combination of related military service will be considered.
- Communicate effectively through multiple methods to all employees at all levels of the organization
- Design modifications and upgrades on existing draw dies and details
- Lead technical troubleshooting of metal stamping dies and related production equipment in a dynamic manufacturing facility
- Maintain plant safety, housekeeping, and organization to high standards
- Manage specifications, review RFQs for design approvals, and run-offs for new dies as needed
- Prepare action register for monthly BOS presentation on improvement tooling and designs for deep draw department
- Work with Crib attendant to organize and stock the tool crib with spare parts to support efficient and timely repairs of dies, punches, general tooling, and machine components.
- Work with machine builders on new and/or rebuilt equipment (design recommendations).
- Work with others and lead efforts on stamping department improvements in safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions, and provide subject matter support in all areas of the plant as needed.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints, schematics, and other technical documentation
- Deep draw and transfer die troubleshooting and repair skills with training and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the operations, troubleshooting, maintenance, and rebuilding of mechanical power presses, including control systems, lubrication, and safety devices would be helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of die protection sensors, related devices, and other methods to protect the quality of parts produced and longevity of tooling
- Knowledge of operation of all standard Tool Room equipment and understanding of best practices in the use of equipment to produce and modify details
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations in working with mechanical power presses, stock straighteners, feeders and related equipment, industrial maintenance and electricity, all standard tool room equipment, including welders.
- Knowledge of steel fabrications, welding, and robotics would be helpful
- Proficient use of 3D and 2D CAD
- Working knowledge of GD and T and gauge design
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.