Steamfitter/Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
Bunge is a world leader in sourcing, processing, and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. The company has a wide network that feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for farmers and consumers across the globe. The network includes port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The company is seeking a Steamfitter/Pipefitter who will respond to Plant equipment maintenance tasks and complete construction and fabrication projects as assigned.
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of equipment in the Hamilton Crush and Edible Oils Facilities. This includes troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic industrial equipment.
Lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals, or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating, and other processes in an industrial plant.
The position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The position of Steamfitter is a unionized (United Food and Commercial Workers Union – Local 175) hourly paid position.
- Applicants should have a current/valid 307A Certificate of Qualification in the province of Ontario
- CWB welding certificates (an asset)
- Possess 2 to 5 years of prior experience as a Steamfitter/Pipefitter in an industrial setting
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting piping systems such as removing and replacing worn components, doing general maintenance work, and working on plant shut-downs.
- Prior experience in working with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) (an asset)
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by safely performing maintenance tasks to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all facility equipment (e.g. process and steam distribution system piping).
- Operates fork truck to move parts materials. Maintains the inventory of consumable materials related to trade and advises the supervisor to reorder as required.
- Participate in various safety-related and technical training.
- Welds and fabricates pipe spools. Cut and bevel pipe using cutting torches, saws, threading machines, and pipe cutting machines. Assemble and installs a variety of valves and fittings. Prepare and fit pipe for welding by a certified welder or join pipe and fittings by means of threaded, brazes, or soldered joints. Secure pipe to structures with clamps, brackets, or hangers. Cut penetrations in walls, ceilings, or floors. Fabricate, install, position, or connect components, parts, finished products, or instruments for testing purposes, including hydro testing
- Ability to climb and work on ladders
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret shop prints, engineering drawings, and specifications to determine the type of pipe and tools to use, and lay out the sequence of tasks. Sometimes make detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation, as required.
- Ability to read shop prints and engineering drawings
- Ability to wear specialized PPE as required: fall arrest harness and lanyard, respirator.
- Ability to wear standard required PPE at all times; safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat.
- Ability to work at height
- Able to communicate with colleagues and provide a safe working mentality on the job.
- Able to work in areas that are continually exposed to grease, oil, dust, and fumes.
- Able to work in confined spaces that have been correctly permitted and monitored for vessel entry.
- Able to work in exposure to extreme temperature ranges.
- Knowledge of Food Safety Programs (HACCP and GMP) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance techniques and practices is an asset.
- Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install metal pipes, valves, and fittings. Join pipe sections, and related equipment, and secure in position.
- Must be able to safely operate a fork truck; walk, stand, stoop or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must have manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, the ability to read and understand complex instructions, and the ability to do careful and exacting work.
- Proficiency in the following area: Preventative Maintenance; Hand/Power tools; Machine tools; Measurement devices including calipers; welding and cutting skills; and basic rigging skills.
- Use testing equipment to check systems for leaks.
- Use, interpret and care for the tools and equipment commonly employed on an industrial project such as cutting torches, threading machines, grinders, beveling machines, round-up clamps, etc.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bunge.com.