Website TRC Companies
Steel Fabrication Inspectors Job Highlights
|Title||Steel Fabrication Inspectors – PA|
|Location||Lancaster, PA, United States|
TRC Companies is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure industry. The assignments of the company typically include transportation-related structures such as full new or replacement bridges produced from welded steel girders, bridge bearings, light and traffic poles, bridge railing, other steel, and aluminum structures.
The company is seeking Steel Fabrication Inspectors for working at steel bridge fabrication and other transportation-related steel or aluminum structures.
- The aspiring applicants should be current AWS CWI and duly certified.
- Three years minimum in Steel Fabrication Inspection
- AWS D1.1 Structural Steel and/or AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding Codes
- Others as applicable – AWS D1.2, API 5L, ASME codes
- Organize documentation (hardcopy files and files/folders on a PC)
- Prepare reports both in hard copy (written) and on a PC
- Read and interpret blueprints and shop drawings
- Ability to take and transfer digital photographs to MS Word or Excel from a smartphone and/or digital camera
- A high degree of computer literacy with the ability to competently operate a PC and use Microsoft products including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and initiative
Desired not Required (skills/certifications)
- Application of Coatings -NACE or SSPC certifications
- ICC Bolt Certification, or high strength fastener Rocap and pre-installation verification/torque testing experience
- Non-destructive testing – ASNT Level II, UT, MT, PT, or Radiographic Interpreter
- SWAC access clearance
- Competently operate a smartphone
- Document inspection activities daily on company reports and e-mail/mail to the supervisor
- Lift at least 40 pounds
- Speak and converse (in English) in a professional setting
- Work in both an office, plant, and outside environment on a daily basis
- Work independently away from home as necessary as assignment location dictates
- Valid driver’s license
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
EOE – Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.