Structural Fitter (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Structural Fitter – 2nd Shift|
|Location||South Milwaukee, WI, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is seeking a Structural Fitter to join its team for manufacturing facilities.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- They must pass a minimum of 3 welder qualification weld tests using FCAW large diameter wire in many positions.
- Applicants must pass 3 welder qualification tests and 2 structural fitter qualification tests
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of welding experience, preferably FCAW on a heavy plate.
- 3 years of fitting experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the production environment
Experience welding with-
- Heavy plate experience with 1″ or greater
- Back gouging, multi-pass welding
- 3/32 flux core wire (1/16 or 0.052 experience is acceptable)
- Assemble weldments into complete structures.
- Clean off slag, checking weld for undercutting, size, and cracks include dress welds.
- Identify pieces, parts sub-assemblies, weldments, and other materials.
- Perform above operations on pieces, parts, weldments, and structural assemblies, such as fabricated plates, bars, sheets, angles, channels, castings, platforms, stairways, railings, quarry, stripper and drill houses, A-frames, booms, dippers, drill derrick heads and other work of similar complexity
- Plan sequence of operations including welding procedures.
- Position and align manually, with jib or overhead crane, workpieces composed of a limited number of components and working to detailed drawings also using jacks, clamps, jigs, fixtures, templates, layout tools such as surface gauges, tram points, calipers, combination set, wedges, blocks, etc. and assemble parts and clamp, bolt or tack weld, weld, layout or burn, air arc, etc. established work.
- Secure job assignment and partial instruction for complex work, facilities, and materials.
- Select electrodes, set welding machine properly, and apply weld in any position on all materials to obtain properly. Apply weld in any position on all materials to obtain proper penetration, appearance, and size of weld.
- Ability to operate a gantry crane
- Ability to operate an overhead crane
- Ability to overhead weld
- Ability to read a level
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- The company offers benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a matching Tax-Deferred Savings Plan.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.