Structural Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Bloomfield, NM, United State|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is hiring a Structural Welder to join its team for the fabrication shop. The individual will be responsible for laying out, aligning, welding fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, buildings, and pipes, according to blueprints and metallurgy.
Must be capable of certifying on single process plate proficient in SMAW or GTAW welding processes.
- Applicants may require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Assists other mechanics as needed
- Bolts, clamps, and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe, and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment
- Capable of setting weld machine parameters and maintaining weld machine in working condition
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together in various body positions
- Loads, transports, and unloads material, tools, equipment, and supplies
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining the length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes
- May tack weld assemblies together
- May weld in a flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment
- Performs only procedures certified in
- Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
- Selects type and size of metals or other related materials and equipment according to specifications
- Starts power supply to produce an electric current
- Strikes arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of a workpiece
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.