Website Centurion Industries
Structural Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Decatur, IL, United States|
Centurion Industries is a privately held, multi-divisional corporation that provides diversified metal fabrication and industrial construction services throughout the U.S.
A-Lert Construction Services (a division of Centurion Industries) provides heavy industrial construction, maintenance, fabrication, and repair services throughout the U.S. in such diverse processing industries as corn and oilseeds, food, meat, chemical, energy cogeneration and biofuels, wood pulp/paper/fiber products, and more.
The company is seeking a Structural Welder to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess welding experience (a must)
- Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts.
- Cut, repair, and assemble girders, beams, columns, and other building components to form complete structures.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret spool sheets, schematics, and other structural diagrams.
- Job duties may include completing repairs of metal structures.
- Ability to accurately read and use a tape measure
- Ability to convert decimals
- Ability to read prints, layout, fit, and weld components together
- Ability to use hand tools
- Able to work overtime
- Accomplish all functions as assigned by management
- Strong work history
- Some equipment set-up and operation may be required
- Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical, and well-articulated work
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background, Physical Exam, Customer Security Check, E-Verify, Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable), and other assessments (if applicable)
- See well from a distance and at close range (either naturally or with correction)
- Push, pull, lift, carry, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at heights as required
- Lift 50+ pounds
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Group Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Healthcare and Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Life/AD&D
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability
- Years of Service Awards
Centurion Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company takes all personnel decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting, on the basis of individual qualifications and merit, without unlawful regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit centurion.ourcareerpages.com.