Website Cajun Industries
Structural Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Port Sulphur, LA, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and design.
The company is hiring a Structural Welder who will create frames for large structures.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Will obtain certification as necessary
- Cut and drill structural metal pieces to size and place them into position for welding
- Ensure welds are well executed and meet safety and industry standards
- Perform simple piping installations and repairs
- Assist other mechanics/craft worked as needed
- Ability to set up equipment and weld either pipe, plate, or structural steel using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas-welding equipment
- Must be able to produce quality work with reasonable efficiency
- Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work-related tools and equipment
- Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction job site setting
- Decision-making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervision
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds
- Hand/eye coordination
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rocks, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing/pulling, or standing and lifting
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry, or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.