Website Gulf Island
Structural Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Houma, LA, United States|
Gulf Island provides fabrication of complex steel structures and marine vessels and offshore and onshore services.
The company is seeking a structural welder who will be responsible for the welding of metal fabricated parts by utilizing various welding processes and positions.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Welding technical certification program will be considered.
- The candidates should have previous experience in fabrication.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrable ability as a 6GR welder
- Ability to pass a hands-on skill assessment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Assure proper fillers are being used based on materials being joined
- Care and control of equipment and tools
- Complete welds on various types of metal objects using an array of welding techniques such as SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding
- Coordinate with field supervision for efficient installations
- Daily workplace cleaning
- Grind and de-burr metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture
- Able to perform job duties which include welding steel, and may include aluminum, copper-nickel, and more.
- Able to read a weld gauge
- Achieve a good speed of execution while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstratable experience in SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding along with gouging techniques
- Experience using jigs, clamps, and positioners
- Inspect welded surfaces to ensure welds meet the minimum size and visual acceptance criteria
- Maintain work area, equipment, and supplies in a neat and orderly condition
- Make adjustments to the welding equipment depending on the type of weld being performed
- An operation angle grinder, burr grinder, chipping hammer, and other power and hand tools
- Receive job assignments from supervisor and carry out assignments as directed. Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Setting up and operating semi-automatic and fully automatic welding equipment
- Access – Ability to enter a 24” diameter access hole and step over a 24” high threshold.
- Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing – These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed/required to work in this industrial environment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Climbing – Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Lifting – Able to lift 50#.
- Pushing and Pulling – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Reaching, forward, and reaching overhead – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Standing – This is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Turning, twisting, bending, and stooping – These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Walking – This is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- 80 to 90% of the work activities are performed outdoors. Individuals will be required to work in changes of temperature, hot, cold, humid, wet and dry conditions; dust, mud, etc., along with other conditions in an industrial work environment.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance Continuation Program (COBRA)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Leaves of Absence
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Safety Awards
- Access to a community Credit Union
Gulf Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.