Website Crown Technical Systems
Structural Welder – AWS D1.1 FCAW Job Highlights
|Title||Structural Welder – AWS D1.1 FCAW|
|Location||Fontana, CA, United States|
|Company||Crown Technical Systems|
Crown Technical Systems initially provides Relay Panel to the Federal Government, and now serves as a manufacturing center for Relay Panels, Steel Enclosures, OEM Medium Voltage Switchgear.
The company is looking for a Structural Welder who will be responsible for welding structural steel (c-channels) to fabricate the framing for sheet metal enclosure buildings using welding equipment and techniques.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school/institute.
- AWS D1.1 FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) Certification is required.
- The candidates should have either completed a formal apprenticeship or 2+ years of experience in the dual shield welding process.
- Clamp, hold or tack weld parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Determine required equipment and welding techniques, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts prior to assembly
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Weld structural steel (c-channels) in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using welding techniques and equipment
- Ability to make jigs and setups
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Overhead crane operation is a plus
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and drawings including weld symbols
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding techniques including designs, uses, maintenance, and repair
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Variety of Medical Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Competitive Salary
- Direct Deposit
- Life Insurance Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Crown Technical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit crowntechnicalsystems.com.