Automated Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Supervisor – Automated Welding|
|Location||Athens, GA, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is searching for an Automated Welding Supervisor who will support 48 robotic arms designed to weld structures for our Mini Excavator and Small Track-Type Tractor products.
Be responsible for the programming and operation of these robotic cells while supervising robot technicians through three shifts.
This position will draw heavily from the technical robotic and welding experience as we maintain current processes and develop innovative ways of automated welding.
The development of welding robots will also be included in this job.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent technology degree) from a university/college
- Possess 3 or more years of manufacturing or industrial engineering experience
- 3 or more years of experience and fluency in programming welding robots using the Fanuc programming language
- Be accountable for conceptual design, development of product or process, data analysis and extraction, failure resolution and prevention, and requirements management
- Have accountability for all fabrications facility robotic programming and robot technicians.
- Provide supervision and technical direction to hourly, salaried, and management personnel engaged in design, development, or research activities related to a single technology, component, product, or sub-process which accomplish product maintenance and new product introduction objectives
- Provide technical expertise to the project team on robotic programming and functions
- Provide technical project management, development of a product, internal and external requirements management, and cost-value management
- Work with immediate work group, project team, suppliers, internal and external customers, and the market to impact a single product, process, or factory
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Industrial robotics programming experience
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher
- 2 years of experience using CAD software to create 3D models and drawings (Creo, SolidWorks, or Inventor (preferred)
- Welding/fabrications experience in a manufacturing environment
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and Pension) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.