Supervisor (Field) Job Highlights
|Location||Herriman, UT, United States|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is looking for a Field Supervisor who will supervise Field Service Technicians, Mechanics, Welder, and Machinist pertaining to training, safety, scheduling labor and parts, to merit and disciplinary issues.
Keep apprised of new software and hardware developments and procedures as needed through Milwaukee.
Coordinate with customers to ensure parts, electrical support, and availability of their equipment.
Keep in close contact with planners to help with the scheduling and development of future projects.
Follow up on invoicing and billing.
Working alongside Account Managers to develop quotes, work scopes, time frames.
Oversee the maintenance of service vehicles and upkeep of electrical test equipment.
Review completed jobs to ensure quality and full work scopes have been met.
- The applicants should have completed a 2-year Technical Degree with at least 1 year of supervisor experience from a college or university
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 five years of on-the-job supervisor experience.
- 7 to 10 years of electrical experience on P&H/Joy Global/Komatsu Mining equipment in all aspects
- Active role in Komatsu safety policies and Cardinal Rules to maintain 100% compliance with employees.
- Actively participate in electrical product and software beta testing.
- Attend weekly production meetings with the manager to make sure jobs are on pace and moving forward.
- Follow up on parts that have been ordered for Komatsu and the customer to ensure maximum utilization of time.
- Negotiate pricing and labor scheduling to meet the overwhelming demand for electrical support in the area.
- Perform audits for customers on repairs for equipment.
- Provide customers with answers on Technical updates and procedures.
- Scheduling the Technical Service group for jobs throughout our region: logistics, site/ hazard training, and work scope.
- Track maintenance and expenses to keep the minimal effect on the bottom line.
- Work with manager to develop business strategies to increase revenue and profit.
- Must be able to maintain strong customer relations.
- Must have excellent computer, verbal, and written skills.
- Strong understanding of all MSHA regulations. Must have an excellent safety record and be a leader in safety.
- Strong understanding of PLCs, SLC’s, Centurion controls, Digital drives, Ethernet, and Fiber-optic communications.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.