Supervisor Smelter Maintenance Job Highlights
|Title||Supervisor Smelter Maintenance|
|Location||Claypool, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is recruiting a Supervisor Smelter Maintenance who will supervise, coordinate, and control the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical mining-related discipline with at least 1 summer internship experience (or equivalent) working in a mining or industrial environment
- Additional Certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required
- 5 years of related operational experience, including supervisory or lead experience
- Approve purchases of materials and equipment; maintain time, materials, and equipment use reports
- Assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff for assigned work unit
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinate staff
- Implements production plans according to the approved schedule
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas, and may direct remedial action
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials
- Maintains safety data sheets for crews
- May participate in the full range of daily operational duties, performing the most difficult
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment requirements for projected work activities
- Requisitions of tools, supplies, materials, and equipment
- Trains staff in safety procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- 5 years of hands-on mechanical maintenance repair/rebuild experience with industrial fixed plant equipment (pumps, motors, gearboxes, pulleys, belts, welding, etc.).
- Ability to understand and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials
- Experience as fill-in supervisor
- Strong understanding of converter rebuilds (Brick Mason work and structural weld procedures).
- Strong understanding of all RCM disciplines (Vibration Analysis, Machinery Lubrication, Thermography, Nondestructive Testing, and Ultra sound).
- Training (qualified) and strong understanding of welding SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Weld) 3&4G structure plate procedures
- Training and a strong understanding of pipe fitting and fabrication
- Training and strong understanding of basic prints and ability to read them
- Training and strong understanding of moving and rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, and conveyors, from an operations and maintenance perspective, electrically and mechanically
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Skilled in budget preparation, monitoring, and administration
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, materials, methods, and procedures needed to complete projects
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company scholarships
- Education and adoption assistance
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.