Supervisor – Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Supervisor – Welding (Welding Supervisor)|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is looking for a Welding Supervisor to join its team actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- The applicants should have preferably a High School Diploma or be a High School Graduate.
- The candidates should have 7+ years of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), TIG, or Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) experience
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Application of welding codes and standards
- Assess candidates and provide recommendations in the hiring process
- Assist with the tooling and fixturing designs required for weld operation
- Base material and welding material selection
- Communicate how successful performance will be measured and provide collaborative direction to team members; recommend performance standards and ratings
- Control of production weld quality
- Develop and evaluate welding procedures
- Enforce site and personnel safety
- General welding, cutting, and fabrication equipment knowledge, theory, application, maintenance, and testing
- Monitor and approve employee timekeeping records
- Personnel management and supervision, including mentorship of junior welders
- Responsible for planning and scheduling work, assigning work, and assessing completed work
- Review and edit documentation, including work reports and record-keeping
- Supervise and provide daily support to the launch projects welding team
- Ability to interpret drawings and weld symbols per AWS A2.4
- Aluminum gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) experience
- Capable of cutting, polishing, and etching weld test samples
- Experience managing more than 10 employees
- Experience with ASME B31.3 fabrication and welding
- Experience with Inconel welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of AWS D1.1, D1.6, and D1.2
- Trade school certificate
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods in a confined space
- Must be willing to travel to our launch sites in support of launch specific projects and/or pad modifications
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work outdoors
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.