Supplier Development Engineering Manager, Mechanical Operations Job Highlights
|Title||Supplier Development Engineering Manager, Mechanical Operations|
|Location||Mountain View, CA, United States|
Google is a world giant with a mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It designs, researches, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
The company is looking for a candidate who can work in a team to research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a welding school, college, or tech center or Equivalent practical experience.
- The candidates should have 10 years of experience in enabling the transition of new products into production
- Experience with core mechanical manufacturing processes
- Experience managing a team of Manufacturing and Quality Engineers
- Experience with statistical process control, fixture design/qualification, cosmetic inspection methods, metrology, and measurement correlation
- Be the point of contact for identifying suitable manufacturing processes. Identify and highlight manufacturability issues during engineering builds to ensure product quality is stable and that supply is predictable during ramp.
- Lead a team of engineers in a fast-paced and fluid environment. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Design, Industrial Design, Project Management, Reliability Engineering, and Product Operations to deliver Google hardware products to market.
- Provide detailed and critical design for manufacturability (DFM) reviews of mechanical parts. Make recommendations to Product Design to improve manufacturing processes for quality, yield, and cost.
- Use statistical process control and yield studies to validate process capability, establish reasonable specifications, and drive process improvements in partnership with Tooling and Manufacturing Process Engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively influence the product design process by proposing improvements with associated data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common surface finishing operations, including painting, plating, PVD, anodizing, polishing, lapping, and sandblasting.
- Demonstrated record of overseeing yield improvements and cycle time reductions for high volume, high complexity parts, with premium fit and finish.
- Knowledge of mechanical bonding processes, including snap and press, fits, ultrasonic welding, glueing, and application of pressure-sensitive and liquid adhesives.
- Understanding of cosmetic quality standards; defining and measuring color, specifying and measuring surface finish, creating cosmetic defect catalogs, and establishing grading limits.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.