Website Volvo Group
Supplier Quality Engineer (Sheet Metal) Job Highlights
|Title||Supplier Quality Engineer – Sheet Metal|
|Location||Hagerstown, MD, United States|
Volvo Group is a leading manufacturer of trucks, buses, construction equipment, and marine/industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service.
The company is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer – Sheet Metal who will perform quality assurance activities of purchased items within the project phase with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specifications on a consistent basis.
The position will be responsible for the industrialization of products from the sourcing phase through PPAP approval and will manage a portfolio of suppliers within the scope of sheet metal.
This position will report to the Supplier Quality and Development Manager.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related field from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of supplier quality assurance experience from the automotive, aerospace, or heavy manufacturing industry
- Sheet metal experience is required
- Experience in APQP/PPAP is an advantage
- Be responsible for the industrialization of products from the sourcing phase through PPAP approval, tracking and monitoring the entire APQP process along the way
- Lead review of Control Plan, securing product and process characteristics are included
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, including travel approximately 50-75%
- Participate and contribute during design and technical specification and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers and Volvo stakeholders
- Perform quality assurance activities of purchased items within projects for your particular product scope, with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specifications
- Promote best practices for automated process control, mistake-proof, automatic inspection, and segregation of defective parts in the production process
- Review tool design practices with suppliers, providing input as needed
- Ability to create networks, collaborate, and lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Continuous improvement and zero-defect mentality
- 401(K) with company match as well as the additional contribution percentage
- Competitive base salary
- Reimbursement programs
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.volvogroup.com.