Supplier Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company (SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar Company) is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining quality plans and activities to ensure purchased products meet conformance to SPM Oil & Gas, as well as Customer/Regulatory specifications.
Work as a collaborative team member and leader to establish department goals and objectives to drive business results and continuous improvement culture.
Drive supplier manufacturing process and systemic quality improvements. This position is the enabler of effective execution of Advanced Quality Planning through the receipt, release, and delivery of purchased components to the manufacturing line.
The position is a key contributor to ensuring customer satisfaction through leading successful qualification of parts and processes; as well as corrective action activities with suppliers to prevent quality non-conformances.
Partner with procurement in assessing existing suppliers and potential new suppliers as needed.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a related technical field from a college or university
- Possess 5+ years of experience in various functions of quality and manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
- Coordinate containment activities, initiate controls, and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized metrics and scorecards that guide actions and promote continuous improvement (e.g. supplier performance metric DPPM, SCAR, Concessions, etc.).
- Develop, implement, and maintain Supplier On-Site Assessment and Supplier Qualification.
- Drive product and process improvements through investigations and effective root cause analysis. Drive risk mitigation and effective process controls. Ensure supplier corrective actions are robust and sustained.
- Ensure all changes comply with SPM Oil and Gas’s internal Quality Management System (change control, CAPA, etc.)
- Initiate, verify, evaluate, and ensure timely closure of supplier CAPAs as necessary to improve quality and reduce manufacturing disruptions.
- Perform or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys.
- Provide sound quality input to supplier qualifications (existing/new suppliers, supplier transition, etc.).
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and performing all supplier’s quality-related activities, delivering on-time part/process qualification process (i.e. PPAP, QatS) for responsible components.
- Serving as a liaison between SPM Oil & Gas senior management and suppliers to identify quality issues and come up with solutions.
- Take the first action to protect the plant from non-conforming parts from suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
- Proficient application of Advanced Quality Planning Tool and Techniques
- Proficient application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning Tool and Techniques
- Working knowledge of dimensional metrology
- Working knowledge of precision machining and precision assembly
- Working knowledge of special manufacturing processes such as welding, plating, heat treatment, forging &casting
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification (Black Belt desirable)
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and Pension) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.