Website Johnson Controls
Suppression Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is hiring a Suppression Technician who will be installing, inspecting, and servicing suppression product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights, pre-engineered kitchen hood fire suppression systems, paint booth fire suppression systems, and vehicle fire suppression systems.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience with pre-engineered fire suppression and vehicle fire suppression systems (but not required)
- Pre-Engineered Manufacture Certification
- Welding experience
- MSHA Certification
- Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection
- Attend all required training and/or meetings
- Complete all paperwork in a professional manner
- Inform customers of deficiencies and required or recommended upgrades confidently and intelligently
- Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies
- Make repairs and/or upgrades while on-site
- Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork
- Professionally represent the company at all times while performing quality service and inspections
- Up-sell and cross-sell new product offerings and services to existing customers consistently
- Utilizing Apps and Microsoft applications with ease
- Perform other duties as directed
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Must be Tech-savvy and have the skill sets to learn new apps and use them throughout your day
- Must be willing to work at heights
- Must be willing to work in underground mines
- Participate in a scheduled On-Call rotation
- Willing to travel with extended stay out of town from time to time
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
- Have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.