Tank Shop Operator (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Tank Shop Operator – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Nacogdoches, TX, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Tank Shop Operator who will set up, adjust, and operate various welding machines, presses shears, brakes, flangers, and expanders.
Candidates will set up, tear down, and maintain equipment and fixtures; perform layout, tack-weld, and other tasks that may be required in tank fabrication.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with manufacturing safety protocols and strive for quality
- Experience with welding
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping practices, company policies, and procedures.
- Manually handle material in the medium-heavy weight range.
- Operate hoist and other material handling equipment.
- Operate various welding equipment (rod stack) and machines, and utilize various manual and powered hand tools.
- Perform work in some or all of the following work centers-
-Bottom welder (includes perf. LVB holes)
-Projection welder (includes perf. LVB holes)
-Seam welder (includes flanging)
-Layout (includes rod stack)
- Ability to understand and work from an oven pick list, PQP, NFOI, JSA, and verbal instructions
- Ability to use simple measuring devices
- May operate powered industrial truck.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials such as safety, quality, and operating instruction and perform basic math functions
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job and wear PPE
- Work in the area may be affected by heat, fumes, and noise produced by the operations.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Donation matching (U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico).
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.