Team Lead, Assembler – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|2nd Shift Team Lead, Assembler
|Mentor, OH, United States
STERIS helps the Customers to create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions. The company is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines, and biologics.
The company is seeking a Team Lead Assembler who will support manufacturing functions to produce medical devices in an FDA-regulated and controlled environment.
The position provides support to Supervisor and department employees to achieve safety, quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have at least 5 years of manufacturing experience in assembling small parts or leadership experience.
- Able to effectively train employees on standard work and operating procedures within the department
- Assist Supervisor with electronic editing of time clock entries, SQDC Board Updates, 5S Audits, Idea Board, Value Stream meeting, and SQDC Board presentation
- Maintain strong lines of communication with all applicable personnel across all shifts.
- Prepare for and/or lead start-up and shift-end handoff meetings
- Problem solves process deviations and equipment issues through observations and follows Team Lead standard work
- Work with the Supervisor to manage and assign daily work schedules and job duties to employees
- Activate, set up, and operate labeling equipment, auto baggers, robots, welder, laser, etc. (as applicable to department)
- Communicate raw material stock levels as needed
- Complete and turn in accurate paperwork
- Know, adhere to, and reinforce Shop Practices including proper gowning and use of personal protective equipment
- Promote an effective working team environment
- Promote and provide a safe working environment
- Perform other duties as needed
- Computer Skills – Ability to communicate electronically and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Communication – Ability to read, understand, interpret and communicate oral and written instruction in English.
- Leadership Ability – Ability to work well with people, maintains approachability and consistency, and fosters a positive work environment.
- Mathematical Skills – Intermediate arithmetic and calculation skills required.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving part and equipment variation while maintaining quality expectations. Ability to identify and troubleshoots problems and demonstrate good decision-making.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.steris.com.