Team Lead (Weld) Job Highlights
|Title||Team Lead (Weld) or Welding Team Lead|
|Location||Euless, TX, United States|
CommScope is a communication technology giant and designs, manufactures, installs, and supports the hardware infrastructure and software intelligence that enables our digital society to interact and thrive.
The company is seeking a candidate who requires to work under the Operations Supervisor’s guidance. The welding Lead will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring, executing all welding activities. Assists in the training and development of departmental personnel to enhance skills, improve responsiveness.
- The aspiring applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- A thorough understanding of ASW D1.1.
- The candidates should have at least 5 years of welding experience.
- Assists welders with continuous improvement projects
- Communicates overall organizational directives. Maximizes employee participation to achieve the desired team approach.
- Completion of shift reports and change of shift operation to next reliever.
- Ensures that all company policies are followed.
- Coordinate with production team, material planning team, quality team, other support functions to achieve daily production goals.
- Ensures that departmental goals are achieved by communicating established objectives.
- Ensures that employees are at work on time, actively engaged in their assigned departments, and conforming to established safety regulations.
- Provides immediate performance feedback, assisting in the short-term resolution of emergency situations (e.g. injuries), safety issues, quality, On-Time Performance (OTP), attendance issues, conduct, etc.
- Provides timely feedback to the Operations Supervisor on welding operations, employee performance/conduct, and process flow.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Report out on KPI.
- The ability to be the focal point during Operations Supervisor absences.
- To support the PIP saving project.
- Will need to be able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and must be able to deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach.
- Strong knowledge of welding symbols and blueprints
- Good communication, interpersonal, and people management skills.
- High level of skill and knowledge in welding methodology with demonstrated ability to function in a leadership role.
CommScope provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, or any other characteristics as protected by law.
Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.commscope.com.