Team Leader Job Highlights
|Location||Elkhart, IN, United States|
Lippert is a leading, global manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered products and customized solutions, dedicated to shaping, growing/bettering the RV, marine, automotive, commercial vehicle, and building products industries.
The company is searching for a Team Leader who will be responsible for operations at the plant to ensure production lines produce a product that meets customer quality and delivery requirements.
Directly oversees all personnel in the assigned area. Observes, promotes, and ensures compliance with all rules and policies maintained by the company (safety, continuous improvement, leadership, core values).
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
- 1-3 months related experience as a team lead (preferred)
- LCI issued Forklift Operators License (training available)
- Lean 5S certification (preferred)
- Public speaking ability (preferred)
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Strong organization and time management skills (preferred)
- Welding Operations experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (preferred)
- Complete and submit organizational paperwork to include days off requests, employee evaluations, corrective actions, and various reports and checklists.
- Coordinate with supervisor, materials, and powder coat on a variety of issues.
- Directly responsible for the production flow of assigned lines.
- Ensure compliance with all divisional and plant safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure product is produced and delivered on time. Ensure assigned lines receive materials on time.
- Participates in any disciplinary actions.
- Participates in quarterly employee reviews and evaluations.
- Responsible for assigned teams in the areas of operations, safety, continuous improvement, and professional development. Directly supervises assigned floor-level employees.
- Responsible for ensuring LCI quality standards are followed for assigned production lines.
- Troubleshoot and minimize downtime issues online as they arise.
- Must be able to ensure that good housekeeping habits are maintained throughout the shop.
- Must be able to exhibit tact and diplomacy and maintain professional relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, customers, etc.
- Must be able to focus on the retention of employees.
- Must be able to meet production goals and time deadlines for company projects.
- Must be able to operate various Lift Trucks in all elements as necessary.
- Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes throughout the day.
- Must be able to read and process written communication including, but not limited to, work orders, frame prints, measurements, and schedules.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to achieve the company’s overall goals.
- Must be able to work in physically and mentally stressful situations.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Must demonstrate understanding and execution of machine operation and repair techniques.
- Must demonstrate welding competency and knowledge of welding systems.
- Must possess successful problem-solving skills.
- Must understand appropriate equipment including repair tooling and devices, arc and MIG welders, band saws, acetylene torches, tape measures, etc.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires 98% standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing ladders.
- May have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel to local plants.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of inventory and manufacturing software; AX, and understanding the Mobile Device and scanner.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proven leadership experience in a similar industry.
- A unique, inclusive, and supportive company culture.
- Career development and mentoring and the opportunity to grow.
- Comprehensive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, and more!
- Fair and competitive compensation.
- Holiday, personal, and vacation days.
Lippert provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, military service, marital status or any other legally protected category as established by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-lci1.icims.com.