Technical Program Manager, Campus Laboratory, Quantum AI Job Highlights
|Title||Technical Program Manager, Campus Laboratory, Quantum AI|
|Function||Project Management/Information Technology|
|Location||Goleta, CA, United States|
Google is a world giant with a mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It designs, researches, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
The company is seeking a Technical Program Manager who will make useful quantum computing tools available to the world to enable humankind to solve problems that would otherwise be impossible.
Quantum AI is building novel systems that can leverage quantum mechanics to outperform the world’s largest computers at certain classes of problems.
- The applicants should have a Vocational, Engineering, or Physics Degree obtained from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience managing a lab in semiconductor fabrication, aerospace, healthcare, or hardware research facilities.
- 2 years of experience managing an R&D organization’s EHS programs. Experience implementing/managing research environment safety protocols.
- Experience working with vacuum, electrical test systems, liquid nitrogen, and other hazards/chemicals.
- Experience with electro-mechanical measurements (oscilloscopes, generators, calipers).
- Coordinate and commission equipment installation: translate technical documentation, work with vendors.
- Coordinate closely with technicians and engineers on equipment and facility-related maintenance, shutdowns, and emergencies.
- Develop asset tracking, calibration tools, equipment maintenance procedures, and service agreements in a high-tech environment.
- Maintain inventory and ordering/reordering consumables of high-value parts and equipment.
- Partner with research scientists and engineers.
- Ability to provide safety guidance for developing chemical processes, equipment, and laboratory design.
- Ability to troubleshoot vacuum, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, and software systems down to a block/board level
- Experience managing electrical, mechanical, and plumbing construction in a research and development setting, as well as familiarity with reading and interpreting architectural drawings and running building control software
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. Onshape, OrCad, KCad, Altium, Solidworks, AutoCad, ProEngineer), carpentry machining, welding, brazing, soldering, and other joining methods; power tools and CNCs
- Experience with installation and maintaining of fabrication facilities
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.