Technical Representative/Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is hiring a Technical Representative/Engineer who will help to take Turbo Services to the next level.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing from a college/university OR equivalent Engineer or Technical level work experience
- Possess 1 or more years of hands-on mechanical experience
- Experience with turbo machinery repair and services (a plus)
- Attend bid meetings/Interact and have good communication with Customers.
- Be knowledgeable of and enforce safety in all aspects and areas of the position, and with fellow co-workers throughout Sulzer’s various environments, including those of our customers and vendors.
- Creation and development of inspection and repair forms, repair specifications, written process specifications, and component drawings (2D/3D prints and models).
- Creation of incoming and outgoing disposition reports
- Develop customer specific and driven scopes
- Develop industry knowledge about competition, vendors, and gas turbine advancements applicable to Sulzer’s business
- Develop tooling, processes, documentation, and specifications for flow testing IGT components
- Fixturing and tooling design and innovation
- Generate repair quotations (hours/material)
- Generate repair work scopes in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Help maintain and improve flow test equipment
- In-shop (at times off-site) evaluation and reporting on components
- Inspection and repair method development and innovation
- Inspection and repair work scope development, review, evaluation, and periodic adjustment
- Order materials for jobs – Specify material from vendors – Write Purchase Orders and follow up on these Purchase Orders to ensure delivery will be on time.
- Proficiency in all MS office software; particularly with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Project Management – Managing multiple projects from various aspects to meet the department’s monthly deliverables and budgets.
- Reverse engineering and part design improvement.
- Work on and manage special projects per the manager’s instructions.
- Work with department supervisor and shop technicians to ensure process, repair, and tooling viability. As well as to optimize, refine and streamline production workflow.
- Work with drafters to develop and maintain drawings, inspection forms, and prints.
- Work with inside/outside sales representatives and have good communication with them.
Special Projects Responsibilities May Include-
- Create Gantt charts to organize projects and illustrate schedules
- Develop automated and improved processes for inspections and repairs
- Develop presentations and present at conferences, trade shows, or webinars
- Manage/Operate welding systems, flow test equipment, vacuum furnaces
- Manage large-scale projects that span internal Sulzer divisions, and Sulzer’s vendor network
- Manage projects for plant outages/travel to plant sites
- Physical ability to work in a shop environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to learn technical aspects for services and repairs of turbomachinery
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.