Technical Services Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Technical Services Manager|
|Location||Eagle Farm, Queensland, Australia|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is searching for a Technical Services Manager who will lead the plant engineering processes to ensure the provision of efficient and effective mechanical design services, including customised product design (such as automation, controls, and special configuration) and design validation (as applicable), as well as providing general engineering and drawing services.
The Technical Services Manager will lead the engineering elements for specific customised product orders and manufacturing engineering whilst working within an extended multifunction global matrix environment.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus Post Graduate study or equivalent years of experience.
- The candidates should have 5 years of professional management experience in broad engineering mechanical design with Operational experience (preferred)
- Be part of an Operational Management team delivering safe manufacturing conditions by managing specific engineering projects such as test equipment design and process improvements.
- Establish, organise and control engineering programs for the development and improvement of special projects or products, using input from sales, marketing, operations, and customers to enable effective engineering design decisions.
- Manage the work of a small engineering team on production cost-saving programs, production routing review, and time in motion studies to optimise site performance to maximise operational profit saving
- Provide Engineering support to the sales team, customer’s engineers and managers, negotiation, recommendations, or direct technical and engineering actions on products as related to their system’s applications.
- Supporting Isolation Valves (ISV) Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) to Optimise Global and Regional product development/transfers to meet market demands.
- Continuous development of engineering and technical employees
- Driving local cost reduction in conjunction with cross-functional global teams
- End to end engineering velocity
- Engineering Team performance
- First yield pass control with root cause review via 8D methodology
- Metrics development of engineered products and service solutions according to customer specifications
- Quality control and DPPM accountability
- Safe Engineering practices
- Timely and effective resolution of production issues
- Customer complaints
- Product manufacturing process cost reduction
- Production efficiency
- Project schedule and budget
- Safety controls via engineered elimination of hazards
- Test and measure results
- A pronounced customer-centric quality focus, performance accountability, innovation and adaptability, positive energy, respect and teamwork, and absolute integrity (winning right).
- The ability for conceptual thinking and high problem identification and problem resolution; demonstrated the ability to make sound judgment and decisions to drive product and customer service excellence.
- Ability to recruit, retain and develop strong high-performance engineering teams and hold them accountable for results.
- Ability to work with and manage technical and non-technical associates, customers, and suppliers to influence, negotiate to achieve high-performance results according to the customer and engineered specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product engineering, planning, and budget management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system requirements (ISO, etc.) and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Valve/Controls industry or similar industries, related engineering requirements, such as customer engineering specifications will be seen as advantageous.
- Demonstrated program management/engineering skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Licensed Professional Engineer desirable.
- Proven innovation and success in driving programs and projects from product design recommendation to successful implementation, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong background in computer-aided design.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering standards and techniques as well as other material and welding standards, fluid flow, and quality systems (or similar).
- Superb written and verbal communication to train, communicate, present, and deliver complex or technical information in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.