Website Lincoln Electric
Technical Support Specialist Job Highlights
|Technical Support Specialist
|Fort Loramie, OH, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is searching for a Technical Support Specialist who will provide technical support to custom robotic welding (arc, spot, laser) and cutting systems, material handling, press transfers, and metal forming systems including the topics of maintenance, troubleshooting system problems, system installation, robot programming, customer training and documentation.
Provide technical support for Field Service Technicians.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience required in industrial automation, integration, field service or robotic arc welding or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience with ABB or Fanuc robot platform
- Must have experience with the GMAW process
- Ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work flexible hours to ensure appropriate customer support levels
- Coordinate logistics and technical support for LEA Field Service Technicians
- Coordinate technical issues with appropriate resources for resolution
- Facilitate coordination and documentation for repairs and rebuilds
- Generate knowledge content for external and internal use
- Handle incoming technical phone support calls, emails, and chats for internal and external customers
- Maintain detailed records of interactions to enable departmental knowledge
- Proper communication and timely follow-up with customers
- Ability to develop and document procedures
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints
- PC literate in MS Office applications
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic agenda
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to solve difficult customer problems
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team and detail-oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and respect.
- Must maintain and update customer project files.
- Must seek additional opportunities for preventive maintenance, training, and field service with customers.
- May have to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level is usually moderate and hours may be irregular
- Work is usually a mix of sedentary and walking.
- The use of the telephone is extensive.
- Minimal reaching, bending, and lifting in relationship to documents and stored records.
- The company offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit-sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
- Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.