Website Blue Origin
Technical Trainer Job Highlights
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is recruiting a Technical Trainer who will deliver instructions and lead classroom training, use technology and graphical tools to design and create learner-centric, performance-based instructional materials.
You will work with a variety of subject matter experts to create and update formal online courses for highly technical subjects.
This position will support the management of technical training skills loaded in the Learning Management System (LMS) including input and scheduling of technical skills training courses.
- The prospective applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in delivering classroom technical training with a hands-on demonstration
- Experience writing technical training courseware
- Conduct technical training in classroom and laboratory environments, including giving practical tests.
- Develop and deploy manufacturing, assembly, and test technical courses to meet company needs which may include, conducting workforce research and needs analysis, and capturing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) knowledge. The subject courses will include Structural Assembly, Tubing Installation, Cork bonding, Torque, Lockwire, Electrical Bond, Alodine Application, Precision Measurement, Orbital Tube Weld, etc.
- Develop and maintain training forecasting capabilities; generate “soon due” reports.
- Develop specialty courses of instruction for identified needs; working with a wide variety of individuals while researching courses.
- Document and track employees’ training attendance and recurring training needs.
- Standardize training elements across multiple work centers and geographic sites.
- 7+ years of experience in Aerospace or related fields
- 7+ years of writing experience in a technical environment
- Airframe and/or Powerplant license
- Experience in Instructor-led technical skills or safety course delivery
- Experience in a virtual classroom, mobile, and other learning solutions
- Experience with adult learning, course design, and class evaluation
- Familiarity with NASA Workmanship standards, IPC J-STD, ISO-ASTM standards3
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Ability to self-manage activities based on given priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team, very strong employee focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office
- Must be able to support travel 25% of the time
- The company offers medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off – provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- ITAR – must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.