Website Baker Hughes
Technician Mechanic (Drill Bits) Job Highlights
|Title||Technician Mechanic (Drill Bits)|
|Location||The Woodlands, TX, United States|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is looking for a Technician Mechanic to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have manual assembly/fabrication experience.
- Applicable manufacturing sub-processes include but are not limited to the following: CNC Machining, Welding, Brazing, Plotting, Grinding, Final clean-up, Quality inspection, Painting, Furnacing, General repair/rework operations.
- Extensive utilization of pneumatic and electric hand tools is required. Bit Fabricators must be comfortable and proficient with a wide range of power tools.
- Qualified operators are expected to read, interpret, and troubleshoot PDC bit drawing and schematics and made necessary adjustments as per appropriate process specifications and applicable build guidelines.
- Responsible for the full spectrum manufacturing of PDC (diamond) drill bits to include fabrication, finishing, and inspection. This construction begins with the receipt of applicable bit drawings and concludes with the final inspection of the completed product.
- May be expected to learn and master more than one of the aforementioned sub-processes and should expect to transfer to expected operational areas as in the process work-flows demand. Normal career progression as a Technician Mechanic requires extending individual proficiency beyond a single operation or sub-process.
- Must read and comply with material build lists generated as per customer requirements.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime.
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, routers, bills of materials, manufacturing procedures, and manuals.
- Ability to operate a forklift and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and perform functions to applicable product specifications.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment, i.e., calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing). Perform conversion from decimals to fractions and from fractions to decimals.
- Brazing or welding experience
- Drill bits experience
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Candidates will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.