Website Blue Origin
Technician – TIG Welder Senior Job Highlights
|Title||Technician – TIG Welder Senior|
|Location||Merritt Island, FL, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and find new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available. Join our team to build a road to space – step by step ferociously.
The company is looking for a candidate who can apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- 15+ years GTAW welding experience in an aerospace or precision manufacturing production environment
- 10+ years of experience GTAW welding Inconel
- 5+ years of experience in using automated welding equipment
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to fabricate and use hand tools on an expert level.
- Metallurgical knowledge.
- Must be able to author/Develop weld schedules that meet AWS D17.1 Class A inspections requirements.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a written math test and a practical Weld Test (1F, 3F, 2G, 3G, and 6G positions).
- Self-sufficient, self-starter, and driven.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Collaborate with engineering to implement and refine new manufacturing processes.
- Fabricate and weld flight hardware for various spaceflight systems fluid components using TIG welding (GTAW).
- Keep mechanical aptitude, ability to follow detailed technical instructions, and clearly communicate both verbal and written instructions.
- Report to the Weld Shop Supervisor and directly supports our manufacturing integration teams.
- Share in the team’s impact on all aspects of these operations ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment. (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.)
- Current GTAW certifications in accordance with AWS D17.1.
- Expert level of confidence in aerospace manufacturing specifications for large complex thick wall tubes, thin wall ducts, and welded assemblies.
- Green/Black belt 5S certification.
- Some technical coursework and/or AA technical degree/equivalent.
- Willingness to mentor lower-level welders.
- Work 1st or 2nd shift, as well as weekends and overtime, when necessary.
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.