Technician (Welder Repair Service) Job Highlights
|Technician (Welder Repair Service)
|Conroe, TX, United States
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Technician (Welder Repair Service) who will troubleshoot and perform maintenance on cutting and welding systems and products distributed by the Company.
The position will perform work at the branch facility and customer sites as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical or electronic experience or training or equivalent
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:-
- Manual, robotic, and semi-automatic GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, and PAW welding equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Orbital tube and pipe welding systems.
- High-purity bulk and cylinder gas systems.
- Integrated welding and motion control systems.
- Plasma Cutting Systems
- Ability to represent the Company to our customers professionally and courteously. Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains the customer’s signature on the order before leaving the facility.
- Maintains company-provided diagnostic equipment, tools, and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within the manufacturer’s recommendations. Calibrations on equipment are kept to date. Properly locks and secures the equipment at the end of each day.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PMs) on Airgas customer equipment per Company procedures. Communicate with the coordinator to maintain a database of and schedule all calibration and PMs on Airgas and Airgas customer equipment. Maintains confidentiality with customers.
- Follows Airgas safety procedures and attends monthly safety meetings. Must be able to wear protective equipment as needed. Must be able to use trade-type tools or hand tools.
- All assigned and required Vendor/Manufacturer Warranty Training must be maintained and kept up to date.
- Attends all assigned career development training and passes all qualifying assessments within 60 days of assignment.
- Must maintain a clean MVR.
- The associate must occasionally move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 degrees.
- Travel of 30-40% with overnight stays.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Auto, home, and personal property insurance options
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Basic long-term disability insurance
- Choose between 5 medical plan options
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Keep tabs on your eye health with our vision care plan
- Leadership development courses
- On-site training programs
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Scholarship programs
- Select from two valuable dental plan options
- Short-term disability coverage
- Worker’s compensation insurance
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airliquidehr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.