Terminal Operator Job Highlights
|Sparks, NV, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is seeking a Terminal Operator who will participate in the unloading of cement and slag from trucks and rail cars at the terminal.
Requires hands-on operation of terminal equipment, developing a familiarity with bulk truck and rail car operations.
Perform all duties safely and in compliance with all applicable environmental laws and policies.
- High School Diploma/GED with College coursework
- Experience using air, electrical, and hand tools such as chipping guns, jackhammers, wrenches, grinders, and drills
- Assist other Terminal Operators in repairing, installing, maintaining, and operating all terminal equipment.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with co-workers, customers, and anyone else while performing the job.
- Keep cement terminal facilities clean and orderly, including the restroom.
- Load and unload bulk tanker trucks and railcars using a semi-automated loading system; operate a computer billing system.
- Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow
- Operate mobile equipment: forklift, boom lift, railcar mover, track loader, small sweeper, etc.
- Operate moving equipment to spot and unload gravity and pneumatic rail cars safely.
- Operate weigh devices as Weigh Master.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on all equipment, including troubleshooting and maintaining accurate records.
- Perform tasks ensuring efficient operation of the cement terminal.
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Basic welding and cutting skills (a plus)
- Plumbing skills (a plus)
- Rail experience (a plus)
- Terminal/Plant maintenance experience (a plus)
- Ability to see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work varying and flexible workdays and hours
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, SAP, and HMI Systems
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must work in all weather conditions: heat, cold, wet, dry, or dusty.
- Physical requirements: able to work in confined spaces, climb up to elevations of 10 to 100 ft., occasionally lift weights of up to 50 lbs.
- Will have exposure to all levels of noise that require the use of double hearing protection.
- Successful final candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- May enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.