Terminal Operator Job Highlights
|Stockton, CA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is hiring a Terminal Operator who will be responsible for operating equipment to load and unload cement; order taking and tracking; inventory tracking and reporting, and performance of maintenance activities on equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Mechanical experience (knowledge of oil changes, equipment inspections, belt alignments, and preventive maintenance inspections
- Accurately and courteously take orders from customers over the phone
- Assist in keeping terminal and associated buildings clean
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner with co-workers, customers, and anyone else while performing the job
- Complete daily checks on all tickets received and shipped
- Follow all CalPortland and WorkSafe safety rules and procedures
- Loading and unloading cement utilizing a rail car mover, front-end loader, and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Manually track inventory and provide reports as required
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on all equipment, including troubleshooting and maintaining accurate records
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job which includes climbing, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Able to read, write, and speak in English
- Clearly and accurately communicate both verbally and in writing
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, SAP, and HMI systems
- Must be self-directed and able to work with little or no supervision, as well as part of a team
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Company-paid life/AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid sick/vacation/holidays
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.