Website Kairos Power
Test Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Alameda, CA, United States|
Kairos Power is a mission-driven engineering and new nuclear energy technology company. It focuses on the delivery of a clean, affordable, and safe energy solution through the integrated design, licensing, and demonstration of advanced reactor technology.
The company is looking for a Test Engineer who will contribute to the development and deployment of the company’s engineering testing capabilities.
The candidate must have knowledge of infrastructure, design, operation, and maintenance requirements for test equipment and a proven record of successful work in collaboration with engineering teams.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience working in an engineering laboratory.
- Contribute to manufacturing and assembly of test fixtures and test setups in collaboration with engineering and manufacturing teams
- Develop engineering drawings for test component and assembly definition
- Develop procedures for experiment operation, data collection, and reporting
- Develop software interfaces for experimental control and data acquisition
- Help with monitoring and inspection of ongoing tests and activities in the laboratory
- Interact with engineering teams and laboratory technicians to support the implementation of a testing program
- Some travel required
- Support development of electrical, thermal, and mechanical infrastructure needed for laboratory testing activities
- Writing test reports and other documentation to capture test outcomes and lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with computer-aided design desired
- Experience with electrical and hydraulic infrastructures required
- Experience with machining and welding desired
- Experience working with research institutions preferred
- Familiarity with advanced engineering test infrastructure development desired
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of electrical circuits and mechanical drawings required
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding, and fast-paced
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 20 pounds in all directions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
Safety and PPE
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Wearing proper PPE, including a face mask, face shields, gloves, safety shoes
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
- Occasionally requires extended hours to support the launch and critical project timelines
- Occasionally requires schedule flexibility
- Occasionally requires working weekends
Kairos Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit kairospower.com.