Website Atlas Copco
Test Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Rock Hill, SC, United States|
Atlas Copco has been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits. It delivers value and innovates with the future in mind by listening to customers and knowing their needs.
Atlas Copco USA handles the sales and service of industrial gas and air compressors, dryers and filters, compressor parts and service, and vacuum pumps; construction and demolition tools including mobile compressors, pumps, light towers, and generators and handheld tools; industrial electric, pneumatic, cordless transducerized assembly tools, alongside an extensive range of pneumatic grinders, sanders, drills, and chipping hammers and riveting systems.
The company is searching for a Test Engineer to join its team for research and development activities.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering from a college or university.
- The applicants should have 3 to 5+ years of testing experience in industrial, automotive or a related field is required.
- Experience with data acquisition systems used for testing, control, and measurement.
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Experience with vibration testing and analysis
- Experience working with and designing diesel-driven equipment is a plus
- Prior experience working with Portable Energy equipment is a definite plus
Lab Infrastructure Management-
- Creating and maintaining standard test procedures and maintaining data reporting templates
- Guidance/planning the activities of the technicians
- Managing and allocating all test fixtures within the lab
- Specify and acquire lab supplies
- Testing prototype machines and components and continuously improving the quality, safety/reliability of the products within the limits of the applicable standards and master specifications
- Limiting Ambient Temperature testing (LAT); Static cooling system tests;
- Fuel consumption; Power margin; Free air delivery (FAD); Weight and hang tests;
- Endurance test; Engine application approval testing based on engine manufacturer requirements;
- Cold start testing; Noise testing; Transient response and regulation stability testing;
- Vibration testing; Rain testing; Oil separation testing;
Vibration Tests Designing/Setting-
- Component and system natural frequencies
- System vibration response
- Verify critical speeds and resonance
- Becoming our subject matter expert on Siemens LMS SCADAS Vibration measurement equipment and analysis by developing a vibration baseline database.
- Providing accurate documentation of all test results – Excellent computer skills are a must
- Analyzing and assessing the measurement results to propose data-driven solutions, alternatives, and improvements.
- Designing and documenting new test setups as required for product validation and verification.
- Evaluating returned or production machines in case of the standard technical service troubleshooting procedures offer no solution
- Proficiency in problem-solving related to mechanical and electrical failures/issues associated with parts, assemblies, and products is required.
- Benchmarking: execute competitive product benchmark testing
- Participate in mechanical and electromechanical 3D CAD design reviews and visual inspections.
- Supporting technicians and project engineers during prototype builds.
- Assisting as needed with new product development design reviews.
- Committed to accuracy and detail
- Familiarity with diesel-driven equipment
- Must be customer-oriented
- Must have a proven track record of positive results
- Must have strong mechanical, electrical, and computer skills and the ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical schematics, and work instructions.
- Software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is required
- Testing experience is a plus.
- Understanding of bills of material (BOM)
- Willing to be hands-on and to make/rework electrical components such as wiring harnesses
- Time off – Generous Vacation Package, end of year paid Holiday shut down
- Wellness – free healthy lunch provided once a week, gym membership reimbursement, ability to earn up to
- $250.00 for wellness checkups
- Benefits include insurance benefits starting first of the month following hire, HSA account, employer-paid STD, LTD, and life insurance, parental leave for both moms and dads, Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) – full vested in 2 years
- Internal career advancement opportunities
- Self-service food market
- Tuition Reimbursement
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.atlascopcogroup.com.