Website Collins Aerospace
Test Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Chula Vista, CA, United States|
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is looking for a Test Engineer who will provide test engineering support across the various Chula Vista Lab facilities including Fire, Structural, Mechanical, Failure Analysis, Airflow, Acoustic/Sonic Fatigue, and other laboratory areas as required.
The position will support the development and certification of commercial aircraft nacelle components from concept design through fabrication and testing.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from a college/university and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- In absence of a Degree (program), 6 years of relevant experience is required
- The candidates should have a combination of required education and work experience.
- Coordinate and direct testing in the above areas including the use of data acquisition systems, analysis of test data, and preparation of test reports.
- Direct the activities and work with laboratory technicians in the setup, operation, and maintenance of data acquisition, measurement, and control systems.
- Perform Failure Analysis to include metallographic preparation and testing, scanning electron and optical microscope examination, and materials analyses and documentation regarding manufacturing problems, field hardware failure investigations, and R&D testing programs.
- Plan, implement and troubleshoot complex data acquisition, control system, and measurement solutions for the above test areas.
- Support design and reviews of test fixtures and test articles.
- Basic experience in the setup and operation of laboratory instruments.
- Basic experience with CAD software, geometric tolerancing, metal fabrication, and welding technology.
- Basic knowledge of instrumentation, test measurement systems, and data acquisition principles.
- Experience with the setup and operation of test measurement systems, data acquisition, and/or test data analysis.
- The lab environment requires candidates to be hands-on and mechanically adept.
- Must be able to communicate and make presentations to senior-level leadership
- Some knowledge of systems and sensors used for the measurement of physical parameters associated with acoustics testing, vibration, structures testing, structural dynamics, and aero/thermal testing.
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.