Website Relativity Space
Test Equipment Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Test Equipment Engineer|
|Location||Stennis, MS, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is looking for a Test Equipment Engineer who will help build the core of propulsion capability via the development and operation of a world-class test facility for components, engines, and integrated launch vehicle stages.
A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering from a college/university or a related field.
- Experience with 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
- Design advanced propulsion test stands, including 3D modeling, fluids, and structural analysis, fabrication drawings, fluids P&IDs, and instrumentation lists.
- Potentially travel to production, test, and launch locations.
- Solve a wide range of technical challenges, across broad ranges of timeframe, complexity, cost, and long-term impact.
- Supervise the construction, commissioning, and initial operations of these facilities.
- Support operations on and perform related improvements to existing test stands.
- Ability to develop and review complex fluid P&IDs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment.
- Basic knowledge of common fluid & structural components and instrumentation, such as valves, regulators, hydraulic actuators, pressure transducers, thermocouples, flow meters, accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells.
- Hands-on experience, particularly with common power tools, air tools, metalworking, welding, plumbing, hydraulics, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- Ownership of projects from beginning to end, with minimal oversight.
Desired but Not Required
- Demonstrated safe use of machine tools such as a mill or lathe.
- Experience designing, fabricating and operating complex fluid systems.
- Experience leading a diverse team of engineers and technicians.
- Experience operating or working near mobile equipment such as forklifts and cranes.
- Experience with FEA or CFD.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, material selection, inspection, precision measurement, and non-destructive testing.
- Ownership of propulsion or structural test-related project including design, analysis, construction, and commissioning.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and drafting, including GD&T.
- The company offers a competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend, and more.
Relativity Space is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.