Website John Deere
Testing Engineer Job Highlights
|Champaign, IL, United States
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is looking for a Testing Engineer to join its team for various needs.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in STEM-related field, ideally in Agricultural Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related.
- Be responsible for the low-TRL verification and validation testing for sensors, components, and other technology across a wide range of machine forms and production systems.
- Collect data in lab and field settings
- Design and conduct Design of Experiments to test technology, components, and potential solutions
- Design, source, and fabricate components to mount sensors or other components.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to plan tests, verify and validate technology, components, and potential solutions to meet research and development requirements.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with ag and construction equipment, sensors, off-the-shelf hardware, and software.
- Execute tests and analysis plans for sensing and component verification throughout all phases of projects.
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to use Creo CAD modeling software
- Intermediate knowledge of 3D printing, prototype, welding, and metal fabrication
- Ability to clearly communicate technical data and project updates through written reports and meeting presentations
- Experience with instrumentation, data acquisition, and analysis tools
- Experience working in a highly agile team environment
- Farming background
- Large equipment technician background
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deere.com.