Website A&B Rail Services
Thermite Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Calgary, AB, Canada|
|Company||A&B Rail Services|
A&B Rail Services provides rail services expertise that includes new construction, inspection and maintenance, production and rehabilitation, signals and communications, and LRT construction and maintenance.
The company is seeking a Thermite Welder who will be responsible for meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability, and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Manage and organize all welding crew’s day-to-day needs.
Expected to be hands-on working with the crews as needed as well as engaging in the training and mentoring aspect of this role.
Build and repair railroad tracks in a heavy construction and maintenance environment.
- Applicants should have all necessary Thermite Welding Certifications
- Possess at least 2 years of full-time work experience as a Thermite Welder on the track
- Experience in track construction and maintenance
- Ability to perform and understand all necessary paperwork like; inspections, force accounts, project scope, project contracts, etc.
- Assigns directs, plans, monitors, and coordinates all Welding activities ensuring safe, cost-effective, and high-quality performance
- Compliance to track rules and instructions according to CROR
- Ensuring safety is a priority to self, fellow workers, the general public, and the assets of the company and following policies and procedures set out by the company
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of Welding crews, including adherence to work plans and budgets, performance, quality, and safety, to ensure that project objectives are achieved
- Has a basic understanding of Thermite welding and the ability to perform the basic duties of a Thermite Welder
- Has the confidence and experience working on Main Line
- Having to manage multiple stakeholder needs (Customer, Manager, Employees, Site Contacts, Government Officials)
- Required to perform basic track work duties; spiking, anchoring, and surfacing where needed
- Teach and understand track protection
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to evaluate and recommend new procedures to upgrade and refine existing programs or processes
- Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations
- Ability to perform various types of physical Labour including moderate to heavy lifting, standing, bending, shoveling, etc.
- Ability to read instructions, follow technical specifications, and grade plans
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience supervising staff and the ability to clearly communicate instructions to staff
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Proficiency in the safe operation and maintenance of various related equipment and tools
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices, and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clear driver abstract and clear criminal check required
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
- Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather
- Requires to travel throughout Western Canada for extended periods of time.
- Requires working in all types of weather conditions.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the position, candidates will be required to undergo fitness testing as a condition of employment
- Extended Health, Dental, and Vision
- All Employees are part of a Unionized Environment
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Benefit Coverage eligibility for off-season
- Employee Assistant Program
- Paid hotels and Living Out Allowance when working out of town
- Work Trucks available to carpool
- Yearly Boot Allowance
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com.